Spicy Murg Lahori
1 Kg Whole Chicken
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Ginger/Garlic paste
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cardamom powder
A pinch orange Color
1 tsp Kewra
½ tsp Cumin
2 tsp Khoya
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
Safron to taste
1. In a pan heat 2 tsp oil , add the onion, saute until becomes soft.
2. Once it is done, remove from the pan.
3. Heat the remaining oil, add the chicken pieces, khoya, red chilly powder, coriander powder,cummin powder,ginger-garlic paste, salt and 1 cup of water and stir well.
4. After five minutes, add the yoghurt, fried onion and cook for 20 minutes.
5. When the chicken is tender and gravy is thickened add the cardamom powder,kewra, nuts, saffron and half a cup of water.
6. Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes till the oil floats on top.
7 Turn-off the heat, add the lemon juice, stir well.
Source : Sulekha Food