Friday, February 25, 2011
A mouthwatering snack for egg lovers
4 hard boiled eggs
3 tbsp oil
½ tsp Cumin seeds and methi dana
1 big capsicum diced
1 big tomato diced
1 big onion diced
½ cup hung curd
Paste of pudina, coriander and green chilly
2 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp garam masala powder and turmeric powder
1 tbsp tandoori masala
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
salt to taste
Boil the eggs.
Heat oil in a kadai.
Add jeera and methi dana and let it crackle.
Add the eggs, just stir it and take it out. This is just to add the flavour of jeera and methi.
Now add all the above ingredients and marinate the eggs and refrigerate for an hour
Place eggs (brush with oil) and diced vegetables on high rack on microwave safe flat dish or non-stick tawa Grill it for 20 mins til golden brown on all sides.
Stir the eggs in between and brush with oil.
Serve with salad
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Strawberry n’ Pineapple n’ Apricot Protein Shake Recipe
¼ cup pineapple, crushed
1 apricot, fresh and diced
1 tbsp skim milk powder
1 tbsp protein powder
1 tsp flax seed oil
1½ cups water
Process the fruit along with the rest of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Cottage Cheese, Fruit and Sprout Salad
Makes 2 servings
½ cup non-fat cottage cheese
½ cup cress or clover sprouts, chopped
1 cup fresh pineapple (or canned crushed pineapple, drained)
1 cup pear, diced, or substitute nectarine, mango or guava
2 lettuce leaves
Mix cottage cheese and sprouts.
Stir in pineapple and pear.
Served chilled on top of a lettuce leaf.
Nutritional analysis per serving :
percent calories from fat 3%,
Source: International Sprout Growers Association
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 1.5 cup
Butter - 1 stick
Egg - 2
Sugar - 1 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice - 3 tblsp
Lemon Zest - 1 tblsp
Milk - 3-4 tblsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Baking Powder - 1.5 tsp
Salt - a pinch
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. In the large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until it is smooth and creamy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time while continuously mixing the mixture.
4. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix.
5. Sift the dry ingredients together into a separate bowl - maida (flour), baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Add this to the wet ingredients gradually with continuous mixing.
7. Add milk and mix until it forms a smooth batter.
8. Lightly grease the baking dish with some cooking spray and dust with some dry flour.
9. Pour the cake batter into the pan. Pat the pan so that the batter smoothes out.
10. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Cool the cake before removing it from the pan.
12. You can also use the same batter to make lemon cupcakes. The cupcakes will cook faster in about 20-25 minutes.
Monday, February 21, 2011
Butter Paneer Masala
Preparation Time : 20
Cooking Time : 15
Serves / Makes : 6
Paneer : 800 gms
Tomato Puree : 1/2 cup
Onion paste : grind 2 medium sized onions
Ginger/garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
Red Chilli Powder.: 1.5 tblspn
Garam Masala: 2 teaspns
Sugar: 150 gms
White Butter: 100 gms
Water: 150 ml
Fresh cream:50 ml
Salt to taste
Green coriander springs for garnishing
1 Add butter to the paneer pieces and cook for 3 min.
2 Put all ingredients except fresh cream and coriander in another bowl covered with the lid.
3 Add the cooked paneer along with the above masala.
4 Add water and cook for 6-7 min
5 Add cream and cook for another 2 min.
6 Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
7 Serve hot with Naans or any parotas/rotis
User Comments & Tips
The power level setting for the recipe is 60% or 540 degrees C.