Friday, January 12, 2007
6 eggs (fully boiled)
2 boiled Potatoes
1 onion (thinly sliced into rings)
1 Tomato (thinly sliced into rings)
2tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Finely Chopped coriander leaves
1. Cut eggs into halves.
2. Take out the yolk and mash with boiled potatoes.
3. Mix salt, pepper, lemon juice and chopped coriander.
4. Fill eggs whites with the mixture.
5. Serve the egg salad in a tray garnished with onion, tomatoes,
chopped capsicum & coriander.
Courtesy : Indian Food Forever
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Total Preparation Time : 20 min
Serves / Makes : 2
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon orange juice
1 tablespoon reduced-fat cheese
1 banana, sliced
1 tablespoon sultanas
pinch of cinnamon
4 slices multigrain bread
olive or canola oil spray
1. Combine egg, juice and Cheese .
2. Add banana, sultanas, cinnamon and mix.
3. Lightly spray sandwich maker with oil.
4. Place the two slices of bread on the sandwich maker.
5. Divide the mixture over the two slices, top with remaining slice.
6. Toast until heated through and egg is cooked.
7. Serve with dip.
Courtesy : User Contribution at Tarla Dalal
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Potato (medium size) 3
Onion (medium size) 1
Butter 1 tbsp.
Tomato puree 1/4 cup
Lemon juice 2 tbsp.
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp.
Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp.
Corn flour 1 tbsp.
Water 2 cups
Coriander leaves 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Peel off the potatoes and onion and cut it into big pieces. Wash thoroughly .
2. Put them in a pan and cook on medium heat till tender(25 minutes).
3. You can also pressure cook it (2 whistles).
4. Puree the potato-onion mixture in an electric blender.
5. Add tomato puree and blend once.
6. Heat butter in a pan.
7. Add red chilli powder, black pepper powder, salt.
8. Add the puree and lemon juice and bring it to boil.
9. Reduce the heat.Slowly add cornflour (dissolved in water) and continuously stir.
10. When the soup becomes thick switch off the gas.
11. Serve hot. Garnish it with finely chopped coriander
Courtesy : Recipe Delights
Monday, January 08, 2007
SPICY TOMATO CHUTNEY
Cooking Time : 1 hours
Serves / Makes : 4-6 PEOPLE
Ripe Tomatoes - 1/4 kgs
Onions - 1/4 kgs
Ginger - 100gms
Garlic - 100gms
Red Chilly powder - according to taste
Jaggery - Lemon size
Tamarind - Lemon size
Methi seeds _ 1/2 TSP
Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Oil for frying
1. Grind all the ingredients in a grinder,without adding water.
2. Take a pan,add around 3 tbsp of oil.
3. After is it hot, add mustard seeds, methi seeds, asafoetida powder
and turmeric powder.
4. Also add the tamarind juice.
5. Then keep frying it till the moisture is fully absorbed.
6. Finally add the jaggery, the chutney is ready to serve.
1. This chutney can be kept in the fridge for many days.
2. Can be used for Sandwitches, dosas, idlis and chappathis.