GOAN FISH CURRY RECIPE
1 lemon size tamarind
2 tblsp ginger paste
1 tblsp malt vinegar
2 pomfret fish
1/2 cup coconut scraped
6 red chillies whole
2 tblsp oil
2 green chillies
2 tblsp coriander seeds
1 small tomato
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
1 small onion
1. Clean, wash and cut each fish into 5-6 pieces.
2. Cut onions and tomatoes.
3. Slit green chillies and cut into half.
4. Roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds and whole red chillies.
5. Make a fine paste of all the roasted spices along with scraped coconut,
ginger and garlic paste and malt vinegar.
6. Heat up oil in a pan.
7. Mix in cut onions and stir fry till golden brown.
8. Mix in green chillies and cut tomatoes.
9. Stir fry on a medium heat up for 3 minutes.
10. Stir constantly.
11. Mix in the paste and 11/2 cup of water.
12. Bring it to a boil and then mix in fish pieces and salt.
13. Stir fry on a low heat up for about 5 minutes or till fish is just done.
14. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Courtesy : Indian Food Forever