Chocolate Fudge Waffles
Serve these waffles as a decadent brunch entrée or a delicious dessert.
Makes : 6 servings
2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
4 tablespoons butter
3 large eggs
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
Optional Toppings : Sweetened whipped cream Sliced strawberries Fudge Sauce
1. Prepare waffle maker according to manufacturer's directions.
2. Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter together in the microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, stir until smooth; set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla together until well combined
4. Stir in buttermilk. Add reserved melted chocolate and mix well.
5. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until smooth.
6. Fold in semisweet chocolate and cook in prepared waffle maker.
7. Serve warm with desired toppings, sweetened whipped cream, sliced strawberries and fudge sauce.
Courtesy : Cooks Recipes
Friday, December 18, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Cherry Delicious Pound Cake
Makes : 3 loaves, 10 slices per cake.
1 (21-ounce) can or 2 cups cherry pie filling
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 12 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening
3/4 cup milk
4 large eggs
1. Puree cherry filling;
2. Pour into a saucepan.
3. Combine cornstarch and sugar. Add to puree; mix well.
4. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until thick and bubbly.
5. Stir in almond extract. Set aside to cool.
6. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; mix will with electric mixer.
7. Add shortening; mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
8. Scrape down bowl; mix 2 minutes.
9. Combine milk and eggs; add in thirds to shortening mixture, scraping bowl
10. Mix on low speed 5 minutes.
11. Portion 8-ounces of batter into each of 3 lightly greased 8 x 4 x 3-inch
12. Using a pastry bag, pipe 1/3 cup cherry puree over batter in each pan;
13. Swirl cherry mixture through batter. Divide remaining batter evenly between
14. Pipe an equal portion of remaining cherry puree over batter in each pan;
swirl through batter.
15. Bake at 350*F 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and wooden pick
inserted near center comes out clean. These cakes freeze well.
Courtesy : The Cherry Marketing Institute.