Brinjal - 300 gms
Onions - 2-3 medium sized
Coriander powder, Chilli powder, Salt to taste
Rice - 1 cup
Water - 2 1/2 cups
Cooking oil - 2 tbsps
Finely chopped coriander leaves
1. Cut the brinjal & onions to not very fine pieces.
2. If u cut the brinjals too fine, they will get mashed up and will lose their taste.
3. Saute the onions till they get transparent. Then, add the brinjals also.
4. Add the spice powders and saute the curry for 4-5 minutes.
5. Cook the rice in the quantity of water mentioned above. Do not overcook.
6. Allow it to cool and then mix it with the curry just prepared above taking care to see that u do not mash them up.
7. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
8. Serve hot.