Preparation time: 40 minutes
2 lbs. culiflower, cut into florets
1 large onion, cut into cubes
3 medium tomatoes, cut into cubes
1 tsp. red chili powder
1 tsp. coriander seeds
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup yogurt
3 whole cloves
3 tsp. ginger-garlic paste
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
Salt to taste
10 curry leaves
1 fistful coriander leaves
3 tsp. poppy seeds or khus khus seeds
1. Powder together cloves, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom, poppy seeds and keep aside.
2. Mix onion and tomato pieces and grind to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
3. In a large dish, add the above paste and powder, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric, salt, yogurt and cauliflower florets. Mix well and keep aside.
4. In a deep non-stick skillet, heat oil, add curry leaves and coriander leaves. Immediately add the above cauliflower mixture and fry for five minutes on high heat.
5. Now reduce the heat to just below medium and add one cup of water, stir and cover. Cook until the sauce thickens.
6. Serve hot with any kind of rice, paratha, dosa and puri.