• 1" Ginger
• 1 tbsp Oil
• 1 tbsp Salt
• ¼ cup Water
• 3 Green Chillies
• ½ cup Green Peas
• 3/4 cup Chana Daal
• Juice of one Lemon
• Pinch of Asafoetida
• ½ tbsp Mustard seeds
• 1 tbsp grated Coconut
• 3/4 tbsp Baking powder
• Chopped Coriander leaves
1. Soak chana dal and peas too if using dry peas in plenty of water overnight.
2. Place peas, daal and water in a food processor or liquefier and blend until smooth.
3. Add chillies, ginger, salt, baking powder and lemon juice and blend until mixed throughly.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased thali or shallow cake pan, making sure mixture does not come more than three quarters of the way upin the pan.
5. Place the thali/cake pan in a steamer.
6. Cover and steam for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from steamer and set aside for 5 minutes.
8. Cut into squares and arrange on a plate.
9. Heat oil in a small saucepan and add mustard seeds.
10. When seeds start to splutter, add the asafoedita. Heat for another 2-3 seconds, pour over the cut dhoklas.
11. Garnish each dhokla with grated cocunut and coriander leaves.