250 grams Sugar (Cheeni)
1/2 teaspoon citric acid
1/4 teaspoon yellow color
2 1/2 cups Water
½ teaspoon cilantro (coriander) paste
½ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur)
1. Mix everything together and served chilled with ice and mint garnish.
Cumin (Jeera) is usually used both as whole seed or ground powder in virtually any Indian curry dish which makes it one of the most important of all Indian spices. Cumin seeds can be either white or black. Black cumin seed have slightly more sweeter and delicate flavor than the white seeds. It gives a powerful aroma which many people associate with Indian food. It has bitter and nutty taste.
Amchoor (dried mango powder) is special South Asian spice.
Black Salt (Kala Namak) is a special kind of rock salt which gives tangy flavor. It is known help in digestion of food and main ingredient of chat masala. It si easily avilabale in most Indian and South Asian stores. Black salt is essential ingredient of this drink. If black salt is not available, substitute cumin and black salt for the chat masala. It won't be same but will be closer.
Source : Food India
|Dry Fruit Kulfi|
Serves / Makes : 18 cones
|1 can sweetend condensed milk|
1 can evaporated milk
1 container of coolwhip (non dairy whipped topping)
Coarsly grinded dry fruits like kaju, pista, badam etc.
1 tsp. cardamom powder.
Kulfi Cones / Ice-cream utensils to fill.
1. Combine all the ingredients in the blender except dry fruits and mix smoothly untill
all of them get blended with each other.
2. Then add dry fruits to it and mix properly.
3. Pour this mixture into the kulfi moulds / Ice-cream utensils and put them upright in vertical position in the freezer to set.
4. It nearly takes 5 to 6 hours to set it firmly.
Source : User Contributed at Tarla Dalal
GREEN PEPPER CURRY