Potato Curry (Batatyacha Rassa)
Serves : 4
4 medium sized potatoes,
4-5 green chilies,
1 teaspoon turmeric powder,
a pinch of asafoetida,
1 teaspoon cumin seeds or mustard seeds,
salt and sugar to taste,
black maharashtrian masala or garam masala,
1 tbsp oil,
1. Boil potatoes and tomatoes.
2. Chop potatoes into 1" dice.
3. Chop tomatoes and green chilies. Keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder.
6. Add chopped tomatoes. Fry for some time.
7. Add potatoes and 1 cup water.
8. Stir and bring it to a boil.
9. Remove the lid. Add masala, salt, sugar and mix well.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves.
11. Serve hot with chapati or rice.
Variation : Add chopped ginger and garlic for different taste.
Courtesy : Mumbai Masala