Preparation time : 30 minutes
Serves : 2
500 grams liver,
1 big onion,
1 tablespoon cumin seeds,
1 tablespoon saunf or aniseeds,
2 tablespoons oil and
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Cut the liver into small cubes and keep them aside.
2. Take a tava or a flat pan and dry roast the cumin seeds and saunf.
3. When they become brown an aroma will rise.
4. Turn of the flame and powder these and keep it aside.
5. Finely slice the onion. Now take a frying pan and heat up some oil.
6. When the oil is hot add the onions and sauté till they are dark brown.
7. Ensure that you don’t burn or roast the onions.
8. Now add the liver and cook till the liver is tender.
9. Avoid adding water but if required add a spoon of water at a time.
10. When the liver is cooked sprinkle the cumin-saunf powder and salt and pepper to taste.
11. Mix it all up nicely and remove from flame.
12. Serve with curd rice.
Source : Best Indian Cuisines