Preparation time: 30 minutes
5-6 bunches spinach (Palak)
150 gms bengal gram (chana dal)
7-8 green chilies, chopped
2 tsp garam masala
Few sprigs of coriander leaves, chopped
3-4 tbsp corn flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Boil 2 glasses of water, add spinach leaves and boil for 5 more minutes. Drain water and keep aside.
2. Squeeze all the water from the spinach leaves and grind to a smooth paste.
3. Boil chana dal until tender, drain water and grind to a smooth paste. To this paste, add spinach paste, garam masala, chopped green chilies, bread crumbs, salt, coriander leaves and make a batter.
4. Make small balls from the batter, roll the balls in the corn flour and press a little to give a shape of the kebab.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan and fry the kebabs until golden. Serve hot with tomato sauce.