Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 20 min.
Serves / Makes : 2
Beetroot- 1 medium sized
Curd-about one big bowl (not very sour)
Ginger-Chilli Paste- 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Sugar-1-2 tbsp (depending on how sour the curd is)
Chopped corriander for garnishing
Mustard Seeds Rai-1 tsp
Crushed Pepper-1/2 tsp
Asafoetida (Hing) -2 pinches
1. Boil the medium sized beetroot in the pressure cooker.
2. Grate it & keep it aside.
3. Add Salt, ginger-chilli paste, Sugar in the curd & beat it well.
4. Add grated Beet-root in it & mix it well.
5. Heat oil in a small pan for vaghar.
6. Add crused pepper & rai in it.
7. Add hing moment rai start cracking & remove it from the fire.
8. Spread the vaghar on the raita & garnish it with corriander.
-This is nutritious raita & looks very appetising due to its bright colour.
-Could be eaten with any kind of stuffed parathas, pulaos, etc.
Courtesy : User contributed at Tarla Dalal