CHOLAR DAL RECIPE
1 tblsp ghee
4 -6 green chillies slit
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tblsp coriander powder
3 bay leaves
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 - 4 tsp sugar
250 gms bengal gram divide (chana dal)
1 tblsp cumin powder
salt to taste
1 tblsp raisins
1. Wash the dal and boil with 4 cup of water.
2. Mix in turmeric, cumin, garam masala, and slit green chillies.
3. Mix in salt and sugar to taste.
4. Mix well and stir fry till the time the dal is soft and thick.
5. Heat up ghee in a kadhai.
6. Mix in bay leaves and garam masala.
7. When it stops spluttering mix in it to the dal.
8. Mix thoroughly.
9. Cut the coconut into small dices and fry in ghee till light brown.
10. Mix in this to the dal and stir.
11. Serve hot along with luchi.
Courtesy : Indian Food Forever